A sentence sometimes says more than an essay. Words are powerful, and without a doubt the most influential words in history are recorded in the Holy Bible for it is the infallible, timeless Word of God. I cherish His Word and while no other words can compare with His, wisdom and understanding can be garnished through mining revelation and new expressions of truth. From time to time, I plan to write a “Tweetables” blog, listing phrases that have inspired thought and stirred up spiritual hunger within me and others.
The quotes will list the source and if no source is listed, the phrase is an original (in that I have no conscious recollection of hearing it elsewhere). These simple statements are short and to the point, perfect for social media. Feel free to share, but please credit the source (technically, the “resource” because The Almighty is the “source” of all things!)
- Be proactive, not reactive. #advance
- While some await appointed leadership positions, others just lead. #leadwhereyouare
- If you want people to invest in your dreams, invest in theirs. #sowandreap
- God’s love is unconditional; His blessings are not.
- Unity among Believers will come when we see others as co-laborers, not competitors. #beone
- “Breaking open new realms always takes sacrifice.” John Crowder
- “The more death God smells, the closer He can come.” Tommy Tenney
- Dying to self is the only way to truly rest in peace. #diefleshdie #RIP
- “You only have authority over a storm you can sleep in.” Bill Johnson
- Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do it afraid.
- We are ALL called to the one. #Luke15
- Grace is not given so we may lower our standards, but rather so we can live up to His. #beholyasHeisholy
- It’s called the book of “ACTS” not the book of “Words.” #liveyourfaith
- “Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.” Francis of Assisi #liveyourfaith