I have seen the rainbow more frequently than usual in the last several days, and I love it because it is God’s sign, a reminder of His mercy and faithfulness. The rainbow consists of seven colors, and below I’ve listed seven prayers correlating with the significance of those colors.
- RED. It is the color of redemption and represents wisdom. Pray that all men, women, and children around the world will come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
- “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool” (Isaiah 1:18).
- “But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere” (James 3:17).
- ORANGE. It is the color of friendship. Pray that all men, women, and children around the world will know the deep desire God has for relationship with EVERY individual.
- “You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you” (John 15:14-15).
- YELLOW. It is the color of glory. Pray that all men, women, and children around the world will experience the glory of God and that His glory will be revealed around us and through us.
- “For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord as the waters cover the sea” (Habakkuk 2:14)
- “Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Colossians 1:27).
- GREEN. It is the color of life. Pray that all men, women, and children around the world will realize that Jesus is life.
- Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me” (John 14:6).
- BLUE. It is the color of revelation. Pray that all men, women, and children around the world will have a revelation of Jesus Christ and the powerful, unyielding love He has for them.
- “I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father,may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe” (Ephesians 1:17-19).
- INDIGO. It is the color of atonement. Pray that all men, women, and children around the world will understand the atonement of Jesus Christ; His sacrificial death was born of love and He offers eternal life to all who will accept His Lordship.
- “He is the atoning sacrifice for our sins and not only for ours but also for the sins of the whole world” (I John 2:2).
- VIOLET. It is the color of royalty. Pray that all men, women, and children around the world will come into the truth of their God-given identity. We are ALL created in His image, chosen as royal sons and daughters.
- “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light” (I Peter 2:9).
Each time you see that glorious rainbow, thank God for His longsuffering, His mercy, His love, and His faithfulness. Remember that the rainbow encircles God’s throne; it is His eternal symbol, a promise to His people. The rainbow is a call to intercession, so take a few moments to intercede. God hears and He answers.
Scripture taken from the NIV
tags: rainbow, flag, prayer, intercession, mercy, love, sign